Saturday, July 16, 2011

A guy at work told me to hold my tongue?

Hello, first let me start from the beginning. I work at a store with a drive through, so if someone passes the speaker without ordering we call it a drive up. I am new to this store and someone said there was going to be a "pull through" so I said, do you mean a drive up? I wasn't even talking to this guy when he chimed in, "it's called a pull through here so get used to it Missy." I just ignored that comment but then later he was like my legs are really hairy. So I jokingly said, "You should shave your legs." that's when he told me to hold my tongue. I was completely shocked by this because I've never been treated like that. So for the rest of the day I just did my work and said as little as possible to him, only speaking when it was work related. Later when he was off he came up to the register I was working and was like, "I hope you didn't feel ostracized today with all the boys here having there conversations. I replied that it didn't bother me. Then as i was leaving he told me to have a good night, I said you to then left. I don't know if he left bad or if he was just trying to take more jabs at me but how do I deal with this if it comes up again? P.S. He is 27 and I am 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment