Thursday, July 21, 2011

Is George St. Piere a homosexual?

I am a big fan of mma. I have nothing against gay people but it is rumored that GSP is gay. If he is, do you think he should come out and if he's not there are obviously other gay mma fighters, should they come out? In a way I think they should. In our immature years we are taught that homosexuality is dishonourable and we are not men if we do not do things that are considered 'manly' and are possible homosexuals. Likewise homosexuals are not considered 'manly'. When I was a teenager I had no interest in sports( when I say sports I mean sports involving balls and zones as I was lead to believe this was all sports was, In my opinion all ball sports are boring variations of each other) and because of this I was not taught masculine by my peers and was looked on as not 'manly'. Some people would say I was gay. This attitude prevails in a lot of societies among children and adults still. When people called me gay it hurt and I know now what they meant, that I was not masculine. If GSP came out it would show to immature, backward people that gay men can be 'manly' and men who are not into sports are still men too. Other athletes that came out before have continued on fine and in doing so eroded this ridiculous attitude even more. Look up Irish hurling player Donal O Cusack. Every time this happens I think it makes adolescence a little easier for lots of young men. Educated answers and opinions please, no incoherent and blunt one liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment